| 1919 - 2009
||18 Apr 1919
||Ft. Barnwell, Craven County, North Carolina [1, 2, 3]
||18 Jul 2009
||District of Columbia, District of Columbia 
||30 Apr 2010 |
- Brigadier General who directed the Women's Army Corps in the 1971-1975. The third woman in the US Military to reach rank of General. 
- 1940 graduate of the Women's College of the University of North Carolina (now UNC-Greensboro) [2, 4]
- [S91] Craven County Register of Deeds. Records Database. http://deeds.cravencounty.com.
- [S92] "Head of WAC Was Third Woman to Become US General in U.S. Military." Washington Post.com. http://is.gd/bP8cK.
- [S81] 1920 US Census.
Sussex County, Virginia - Stony Cree, District 116, Sheet 5B, Family #92 - http://is.gd/bPhDO
- [S93] UNC-Greensboro Yearbook Collection. Internet Archive. http://ncgenweb.us/nc/bookshelf/yearbooks/.