| 1920 - 2016|
||29 Feb 1920
||Plymouth, Washington, North Carolina, United States
||22 January 2016
||Raleigh, Wake, North Carolina, United States
||28 January 2016
||Princeville, Edgecombe, North Carolina United States
||30 Jan 2016 |
||Andrew D. McNair, b. 05 May 1866, Tarboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina , d. 10 Feb 1930, Plymouth, Washington County, North Carolina |
||Bennie Slade, b. Apr 1884, Edgecombe County, North Carolina , d. 12 Jun 1935, Wayne County, North Carolina |
||17 June 1914
||Edgecombe, Washington, North Carolina, United States
||Marriage Certificate: Andrew McNair & Bennie Slade|
||Elijah Braswell, b. 28 Jan 1915, d. 11 Oct 1992, Durham, Durham County, North Carolina |
||22 Jul 2008 |
||At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.|
||1930 Census: Bennie McNair (Head)|
Enumeration Date: 9 Apr 1930
Enumeration District: 10
Location: Township 3, Edgecombe County, North Carolina
Bennie - Head, age 46, widowed, rents land
William A. - Daughter, age 14
Robert H. - Son, age 11
Martha - Daughter, age 10
Rosie A - Daughter, age 9
Lossie - Daughter, age 7
Family lives next door to Bennie's brother, Lonzo, and family.
Link to full image.
- Was living in Boston when brother Lawrence died (1977)
- After her father died, went to live with her mother's brother and was raised by his family.
- Got married when she was 21, then they moved to Boston. Lived there fot 22 years. Moved back to NC in 1985. Husband died in 1992. Made yearly trips back to Boston.
- Funeral arrangements by Scarborough & Hargett Funeral Home in Durham, NC
- [S29] 1930 NC Census: Edgecombe County (Twp 3).