| 1906 - 1972|
||15 Sept 1906
||North Carolina 
||08 Oct 1972
||Wilson, Wilson County, North Carolina [1, 2, 3]
|Agency: Medic Home Health Center |
||12 Oct 1972
||Dover, Craven County, North Carolina
||17 Dec 2011 |
||Samuel Becton Lawhorn, b. 1871, North Carolina , d. 11 Apr 1917 |
||Cora Cox, b. 03 Mar 1876, North Carolina , d. 23 Nov 1949, Craven County, North Carolina |
||28 May 1899
||27 Jan 2006 |
» Slide Show
||1920 US Census Record - Township 3 (Craven Co.), NC|
Cora Lawhorn is listed as Head of the Family (age 38). Children are Samuel(age 18), Ida (around age 13? though it is hard to tell from the writing), William (age 10), Phelton (age 5), and George (age 3).
The next entry in this Census record is for the family of Charles Morton, with Nancy Morton listed as wife and Willie Morton listed as son (age 55). By the time of the next Census in 1930, Cora Cox marries Willie Morton.
||1930 Census - Township 3(Craven Co.), NC|
Will Morton, Head of Household, age 58
Cora Lawhorn, wife, age 48
Ida Lawhorn, Stepdaughter, age 23
William Lawhorn, stepson, age 19
George Lawhorn, stepson, age 13
Lodger - James M. Williams - age 22
Roberta Cox - niece -age 12
||1910 Census: Samuel Becton Lawhorn (Head)|
Enumeration Date: 15 Apr 1910
Enumeration District: 17
Location: Barnwell - 1Pct, Craven County, NC
1) Sam - Head, age 38, 1st marriage, married 11 yrs
2) Cora - Wife, age 31, 1st marriage, mother of 2 children, both still living
3) Sam - Son, age 8
4) Ida M. - Daughter, age 3
Family rented farm, both could read and write. Family listed as Mulatto.
||Death Certificate: Ida M. (Lawhorn) Haley|
Father: Samuel Lawhorn
Mother: Cora Cox
Interment: Alum Springs Cemetery
- Birth year confirmed by Roblyn (1/27/06).
- Birth date is in the Lawhorn Family Bible.
- [S186] Death Certificate.
- [S258] Social Security Death Index. GenealogyBank. http://www.genealogybank.com.
- [S182] North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975, (Ancestry.com).