| 1884 - Abt 1954|
||02 May 1884
||Murfreesboro, Rutherford County, Tennessee 
||abt. Dec 1954
||6 Feb 2008 |
||Sylvia Alice Ward, b. 24 Sep 1889, New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana |
||29 May 1913
||New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana 
- Family moved to Washington D.C. circa 1921. 
| ||1. J.C. Olden, Jr.|
|>||2. Sylvia Olden, b. 29 Jun 1917, Meridian, Lauderdale County, Mississippi , d. 10 Apr 2004, Germantown, Montgomery County, Maryland |
|>||3. George Elliott Olden, b. 13 Nov 1920, Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama , d. 25 Feb 1975, Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California |
||8 Dec 2007 |
Ship that James Clarence Olden and wife Sylvia Ward Olden sailed on in 1925 during a trip back from Southhampton.
- SSN: 436-16-9649 - issued in Louisiana.
- Was a minister to Plymouth Congregational Church. 
- In 1933 deserted his family to devote himself completely to the civil rights movement. 
- Listed as a member of the Middle Class from Topeka, Kansas in the Fisk 1898 catalog. 
- [S15] New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957, (Ancestry.com).
- [S11] New Orleans, Louisiana Marriage Records Index, 1831-1925, (Ancestry.com).
Volume 35, pg. 469
- [S14] Georg Olden Biography, (Answers.com), http://www.answers.com/topic/georg-olden..
- [S18] Catalogue of the Officers and Students of Fisk University, Nashville TN 1897-1898, (http://books.google.com/books?id=tfE2AAAAMAAJ), 60.