| 1920 - 1975
||13 Nov 1920
||Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama [1, 2]
||25 Feb 1975
||Hollywood, Los Angeles County, California 
||8 Dec 2007 |
||James Clarence Olden, Sr., b. 02 May 1884, Murfreesboro, Rutherford County, Tennessee , d. abt. Dec 1954 |
||Sylvia Alice Ward, b. 24 Sep 1889, New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana |
||29 May 1913
||New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana
- SSN: 577-22-7706 - issued in District of Columbia.
- An esteemed graphic designer - pioneered the field of broadcast graphics.
- First black man to design a stamp for the US Postal Service (1963)
- Dropped the last "E" from his name as an adult.
- [S8] Social Security Death Index, (Ancestry.com).
- [S13] Georg Olden: Medalists - Inspiration: AIGA, (http://www.aiga.org/content.cfm/medalist-georgolden).