Township Tuesday posts will share news specific to a township of local relevance.
Roanoke Beacon –21 Oct 1898
- Mrs. SPRUILL has returned with her fall stock.
- Commercial tourist are still visiting our town. Their name is Legion.
- Mr. Herbert WALKER left last week for Baltimore where he expects to enter the University of Maryland
- Rev. Luther EBORN is away attending the T<…> Convention of the Protestant Episcopal church held in Washington City.
- The bears caught up on one of the Lake farms, in the sensation of the day. The owners are trying to tame these bears, a mother and her cubs, before shipping them.
- Wednesday, Oct. 12th was indeed a big day for Creswell. By 11 o’clock fully 900 people had assembled here to hear Hon. John H. SMALL, the Democratic candidate for Congress, and Harry SKINNER, the Fusion candidate, discuss the political issues of the campaign, and Geo. W. WARD, the Democratic candidate for Solicitor and his opponent, I. M. MEEKINS, were also here. Mess. SMALL and WARD were escorted through the principal streets of the town by about forty mounted men, with James PHELPS, a life long Republican, as Chief Marshal. Mr. SMALL did full justice to the occasion, as also did Mr. Ward.