Posted by rbeaconblog on Jun 8th, 2009
From the Roanoke Beacon:
- Mr. Ben Hassell left this week for Norfolk on Business
- Capt. John Thomas made a busines trip to E. City last week.
- Mr. Will McRoughton has been spending a few days with his parentsys with his parents at Bay.
- Miss Minnie Owens, who has been the guest of her cousin, Miss Bertie Owens, for several weeks, returned to her home in Currituck, last week.
- Our popular and charming young friend, Mr. Tommy L. Swain, gave us a pleasant call this week. He comes over to teach one of our public schools, and we feel sure he will make a very successful teacher, as he is universally esteemed wherever he is known.
- Essie Wynne, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R.W. Wynne, departed this life at their home at Bay, Jan. 28th, after a long and painful illness, aged three years and six months. She was a child of remarkable brightness, and was loved and petted by all who knew her. The funeral services were conducted by Rev. Mr. Moses, and the remains were laid to rest in Albemarle cemetery on Monday at eleven. The family have the sympathy of a large circle of friends.